Sunday, October 11, 2009

wood type.

Yes, I have a thing for Type, but you already knew that. I have an even bigger thing for letterpress type, specifically really pretty woodblock type. I can't say these wood blocks are perfect however, the fonts and letter forms screamed out at me, leading to me purchasing way more letters than anticipated from :: Birds of a Feather :: in Cambria, CA. Don't worry friends I didn't buy all they had, although there were many more that I wanted, but my bank account wouldn't allow for that. So if you are up for an adventure I would make the trek and see if there are any letters calling your name. Just as a heads up, they are a bit pricey and none were really of print quality, but if you are just looking for some fun letters to hang out on your desk these will do the trick. As a side note, the shop owner informed me all the type had came from the Bakersfield Press. Hope you enjoy my fun weekend finds.



(Thanks to my friend @shamlingdesign for telling me about :: Birds of a Feather ::)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you enjoyed your visit :)

looks like you have about $100 worth of type...

Amanda said...

Shhhh. Yeah I went a little crazy, but you can't stop a type nerd.