Saturday, October 3, 2009

Design Brunch = Inspirado

I just wanted to say thank you to the AIGA kids at Cal Poly for inviting me to " Design Brunch." It was very fun, because it was a little different now that I am an alum, still something I haven't completely come to terms with. The event was fabulous and there was a good amount of work. I was asked to bring my portfolio book/box to show. That was pretty funny because I haven't looked at it for a while and I already want to replace things. Oh the life of a growing design, it's a good thing!

The event today, reminded me of a meet up/group/nerd club thing I really want to have. Since after finding out who a few of my readers are, (thanks for reading design kids) I have a question to ask you my local designy friends... Would anyone like to participate in a monthly meet up to chat design, critique, give feedback, maybe do a impromptu small collaborative book/zine? Lets hear some interest or thoughts. Ready set comment.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you again for coming today. Your portfolio is really well thought out (even if you're over the work itself) so i'm glad more people got to see it. And i'm glad you had a good time.

And obviously I'm in on the design club.

Unknown said...

I would totally be down. I think it's a great idea and SLO needs this!

John said...

I like the idea you have about the design club!

I'm glad you came to the Design Brunch as well—I really appreciate the craft that goes into your work.

Mignon said...

There is a meeting happening today at 4pm, Sunday Oct 11 at 1120 Morro: http://www.sanluisartsupply.com/
It's associated with this group:
http://nacforart.posterous.com/

Do join us, with friends, we would love new faces.