Saturday, September 12, 2009

portfolio case.

this post is long overdue. i have slacked at taking good photos of my portfolio case to feature because it is a piece in itself. the box was designed specifically to hold my portfolio book and samples of my work. it is import for me to carry some of my finished pieces, because many are books and show much better in person for proof of craft, typography,etc.

the box was quite the project. i made about 2 full practice boxes, originally having a drawer/sleeve for the book. this was later simplified to the shelf that was implemented in the finished product. i am very proud of the box, except for a few bubbles which sadly were caused by the box sitting in a hot car while our AIGA group was touring studios. no one noticed the bubbles except myself and charmaine, (which is why i was kicking myself for the bubbles) i knew she would notice. ugh. oh well more practice making elaborate boxes is good in the long run. i love this portfolio case and it worked perfect for my presentation at AIGA SF Portfolio Day. however, I think it will become much more sleek for the next time it's needed. i see a redesign in the future, which can only mean a better design.








check back later on my webiste for better studio shots. these were just taken in my backyard as the sun was setting, just wanted to finally share.

No comments: