Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pixar... you let me down.

so exactly one year ago today i was sent a denial letter from Pixar, for my application to the Art internship for Summer 2008.
so what do i get today, a letter i wished would never come.

-----------
Dear Amanda Wallace

Thank you very much for applying for the Graphic Art Internship position with Pixar Animation Studios. While we appreciate your background and experience, we unfortunately do not have a position to offer you at this time. We encourage you to visit our website periodically and apply to future positions of interest.

Pixar Animation Studios wishes you every success in your future career endeavors.

Thanks,
Pixar Recruiting
-----------

its a sad day, but obviously there was someone better. i do have to say my portfolio layout and work has been much improved since i sent my portfolio to Pixar. so here is to next year and a fourth try. i will never give up, because you always have to have a dream and Pixar you are mine. someday. someday.

all i want to know...
where do the portfolios go after being looked at. what dumpster do they end up in because my poor, gold book doesn't deserve such a future. i want it back! so Pixar where do they go, is there a vault? a special room?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazing, I got an almost identical response from Pixar (main difference being my name and the position I have applied for). And I have been wondering about the same thing, where did my work that took me almost a year of sleepless nights go to? (did you find out yet what happened to your work?)
Also wondered just how generic the response I got was, but seeing your post pretty much answered that question.

Thanks

Amanda said...

Well I sorta found out where they go, but it didn't sound to promising. However I imagine that some of the portfolios I sent or at least parts like the box or bright gold book got new life and is sitting on someone's desk in Pixar land.