Sunday, May 17, 2009

CP Portfolio Review.

Its been a blur of a last few days. They sorta all blend together, it was pretty much portfolio, portfolio, portfolio, but it all got done. Yesterday, was Cal Poly portfolio review which is mandatory if you plan to graduate and super helpful. I reviewed with 2 alums, both whom had good things to say, which was really exciting. I finally am feeling prepared and it's all coming together. So look out real world, i'm coming! Below are a few images of my portfolio, it is still def. a work in progress, but I think I am done with the layout and design. It is just down to getting the right pieces in there. I promise I will post all the spreads once I have locked in what is staying in there. I have 8 solid pieces right now, I had a couple more, but I am pulling a few after yesterday. They will be replaced before AIGA SF Portfolio review. They will be replaced with stuff that is in progress right now. Goal is to have 12 awesomely, amazing pieces. Yes I said that. Anyways enjoy, and sorry you can't see the type that clearly, the photos are just from my point and shoot.









oh, also... if you look, the band on the left pages indicates where you are in the portfolio. it moves up and down and is in 10 different spots, because there were 10 projects in my portfolio. the second to last image shows how it works pretty well. lastly because I have been asked in the past, the portfolio book is made completely by me. the covers are made with binders board, fabulous book cloth from Butterfly Book Binding, and end sheets i made myself - aka my own pattern printed out for them. bookmaking skills have really come in handy this year.

No comments: