Sunday, February 24, 2008

portfolio for Pixar.

so i am setting my bar high, which most of you already know i tend to do, and apply to PIXAR for an internship. this is my beautiful - one of a kind, never to be repeated - mini (5x7) portfolio that will never be given back. sadly. i whipped up the little box and now i want to keep it. yikes. but, sometimes it is better to make something that will give the extra "oooo...." factor. keep your fingers crossed, and maybe i'll get lucky and at least get an interview. here's hoping the box will show i can think out of the box?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi amanda! i hope you get into the interview!
ps. those breadsticks are making my mouth water.
xoxo jeff

tresdaysgrace said...

where did you get that portfolio case if you don't mind me asking?? I've only found cheap plastic ones.

Amanda said...

I made the portfolio case myself. I have taken a two classes in bookmaking and the box is just a modified drop spine box.

Anonymous said...

ah I see I didn't read your post all the way through I just saw your pic. That's a neat idea though!

Anonymous said...

When you applied to Pixar, who did you address your cover letter to?

Amanda said...

I didn't address my cover letter to anyone. It was just to the traditional stock... "to whom it my concern."

Just a little inside info. I actually got lucky enough to speak to a graphic designer who works for pixar at the AIGA SF Portfolio review. I found out she only saw maybe 5-7 portfolios the rest are filtered by many other people before they get to the people who actually select you.

I would say pay attention to detail and your process, make sure your research is done even down to why you selected certain shades of colors... do they fit the style accurately. Remember its Pixar every little detail matters and they take their research very very seriously before they even start the design process.

Good luck! Also, I applied again the next year. I have pictures posted of that application as well on my blog under 2009.